Here is a list (with links) of some of the TEFL-related articles to appear at JHEO.
They are listed from most recent to past. The TEFL Forum here at JHEO will then move on to articles on teaching pronunciation and vocabulary.
TEFL FORUM SUMMARY
1. Proposes a more useful model/basic unit of phonology for EFL.
2. Looks at a literacy and phonology 'crutch' often used by Japanese EFL learners and relates it to standard concepts in ELT and EFL literacy.
3. Sums up ten major reasons why TEFL and EFL are so problematic in Japan and at Japanese universities.
4. This is an article that is conceptually related to the article in item #2 on this list but comes at the issues from a different angle--that is, positive transfer vs. negative interference from the native literacy backgrounds of EFL students.
5. Looks at why TEFL/ELT/TESOL need a new approach to 'theory' and 'practice', where real theory emerges from real practice.
6. Questions the value of most academic research on ELT and FLL (e.g., 'SLA' research).
7. An earlier version of item #3 on this list. Gives a briefer overview of the ten reasons and links back to the individual articles in which they were discussed in more detail.
8. Gives an overview of the many issues foreign nationals (e.g., 'native speakers of English) face teaching at the level of higher education in Japan, including TEFL at this level.